Our Favorite Home Scents
candles and pura scents that we think you should add to your rotation
If you want to create a strong sense of home, having a positive scent in your home is one of the best ways to evoke that. We often get asked what some of our go-to scents are, so today we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites for you.
There’s something about lighting a candle that instantly makes a space feel better. We love candle scents that aren’t too overpowering, but offer a light and warm scent (bonus points if they look good too). Below are some of our favorites:
1.The Guitare Shop by Lola James Harper - I love the color of this glass candle and the musky scent.
2. No. 04 Bois de Balincourt by Maison Louis Marie - If you love the Le Labo Santal 26 (listed below), you’ll love this scent. It’s a much better price point but I will say it doesn’t seem to burn as long as the Le Labo one.
3. Black Rose and Vetiver by Salt & Stone - I know rose is a hit or miss scent but if you like it, you need this candle. It’s not too over powering and has a nice masculine undertone.
4. Santal 26 by Le Labo - While this is a splurge, the throw is top notch and makes it worth the extra money. I also love the detailing of the candle label.
5. Signature Scent by Sugar Paper - This candle is a bit more feminine than the rest and has notes of rose, magnolia, white lotus and jasmine.
6. Baies Scent by Diptyque - This is a classic scent for a reason. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like it, it’s a really nice fresh/fruity scent. Again, it’s a splurge but it also has a very nice throw.
7. Dark Rum by Malin + Goetz - If you’re a fan of bergamot, amber, and vanilla, you’ll love this one.
We try to use clean scents as often as we can and love that Pura offers a way to make your home smell good without burning a candle or using toxic fragrance. (This post isn’t sponsored by Pura - we just love them and wanted to be helpful to our fellow Pura fans). They have so many fragrances - it’s hard to choose just a few (and to know which ones to try). With the help of our team we’ve rounded up everyone’s favorites + tried a bunch on our office Pura device to narrow them down. Below are our top picks:
1.Fig Tree by Anthropologie - After ordering a bunch of Pura scents for our office, this one was everyone’s favorite. It’s not too musky and not too sweet. It’s the perfect balance of woody and fresh.
2. Ironwood by Antica Farmacista - A few of us in the office have this scent in our own homes and always get asked what the scent is. It’s a musky scent with notes of vetiver, sandalwood, pepper, and black tea.
3. Salt by Unify Co - Warm citrus notes mingle with clary sage, freesia, and softwoods.
4. Wild Sage by Studio McGee - This is another office favorite and when we’ve shared it in the past, a lot of you also loved it too.
5. Santal Vanilla by Studio McGee - A soft vanilla that’s not too sweet. It has notes of sandalwood and bergamot that create a warm, cozy scent.
6. Champagne by LAFCO - This is definitely more of a Spring/Summer scent. It has a nice sweet citrus/ginger notes.
7. Cardamom Blossom by Studio McGee - This is a new scent to Pura and it smells so good! It’s maybe a bit more wintery but I will probably use it all year, it is both a warm musky sandalwood mixed with floral notes.
8. Kashmir by Archipelago - This is a nice nostalgic warm scent with notes of orange blossom and vanilla. A great year round scent.
9. Egyptian Sandalwood by The Met - Again, if you’re into rose scents, this is a good one for you. It has notes of cardamom and rock rose blended with cedar, sandalwood, and incense.
10. Bamboo by Nest - This is a great all-year floral and citrus scent.
11. Del Mar by Guy Fox - This is a great summer beachy scent.
12. Ocean Tide + Sea Salt by Paddywax - Clearly we are into scents with salt in them—this one is a really fresh and simple scent.
13. Grapefruit by Nest - Another fresh scent with a blend of pink pomelo grapefruit and watery green notes with lily of the valley and coriander blossom.